If you’ve ever though of ditching the poo (shampoo that is), you’re on the right path! Store bought shampoos are laden with alcohols that ultimately dry out your hair, as well as with tons of other chemicals which can actually cause cancer. So why do we still use shampoo when we know it’s so bad for us? This DIY honey shampoo is truly amazing for your hair and it only requires THREE ingredients. These ingredients are all natural and will leave your hair feeling silky soft and moisturized!
Why Wash Your Hair With Honey Shampoo?
- Clears up dandruff in just a few washes
- Leaves hair extremely soft and manageable
- Gets rid of frizz so you can completely eliminate all anti-frizz products
- Helps treat bacterial and fungal issues on the scalp
- Produces normal amount of oil, so you only have to wash your hair once every 4 days!
DIY Honey Shampoo
***Makes one serving***Make a fresh batch for every wash so that your honey shampoo is always fresh!
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- a few drops of essential oil to add fragrance and also treat any scalp issues. I like a mixture of grapefruit essential oil for its cleansing properties (and because it smells amazing), and carrot seed oil which is very nourishing for the hair.
- If need be, melt your honey in the microwave for a few seconds to give it that soft, liquidy consistency.
- Then, add your filtered water and mix well.
- Lastly, add in your essential oil and mix again.
- Yes, the mixture is watery but that is normal – don’t worry!
- Wet hair, and massage honey shampoo mixture into scalp. Make sure you massage in gentle, circular motions. Rinse well.
- No need to follow up with a conditioner, but you can use an apple cider vinegar rinse for super shiny hair!
So what can you expect to get out of this?
Well after using this honey shampoo for about a month, I started noticing a LOT less frizz…almost to the point where it didn’t exist anymore! My split ends were almost completely gone, and my hair felt INCREDIBLY soft…kinda like cashmere!
The BEST part though? I only had to wash my hair every few days, and not every day like before. Because my hair is very fine and thin, it tends to produce an excess of oil, therefore forcing me to wash it every day or every other day. The honey shampoo balanced the oil production and made my hair a lot less oily so I could go for 4 or 5 days without having to wash it.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this honey shampoo to anyone interested in ditching the poo and going on a healthier, more natural route!