PREP TIME COOK TIME
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour $0.02
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder $0.02
- 2 tsp sugar $0.01
- ¼ tsp baking powder $0.02
- a pinch salt $0.01
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil $0.04
- 2 Tbsp milk $0.04
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter $0.13
- In your mug, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt). Make sure there are no clumps.
- Stir in the vegetable oil and milk until the mixture is smooth. Drop a tablespoon of peanut butter into the center and push it down into the batter.
- Microwave on high for one minute and then enjoy!
STEP BY STEP PHOTOS
Measure the dry ingredients into a mug (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt).
Stir them together until evenly mixed and there are no clumps.
Stir in the vegetable oil and milk until it is a smooth mixture. You can use soy milk and make this recipe completely vegan!
Drop a dollop of peanut butter down into the center and press it into the batter (I should have pushed this in a little more, you want the PB to be mostly covered in batter).
Microwave on high for one minute and you’ve got yourself a cake with a melty, peanut butter center!
And then five or six delightful bites later, you’re done and you don’t feel like you do when you “accidentally” eat a whole pint of ice cream. …not that that ever happens.