- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 bunch fresh carrots, finely chopped or grated
- 2-3 fresh bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal) in large mixing bowl, then incorporate carrots, bananas, egg, oil, and water until well blended into workable dough.
3. With both the carrots and bananas, I chopped them into large pieces, then slowly pulsed them in our food processor. This not only saved me time, but created semi-regular sized carrot chunks and smooth banana mash to blend right into the rest of the base ingredients. I left the pulsed carrot pieces fairly chunky instead of pureeing them, because I like the idea of being able to see the actual carrot pieces throughout each treat.
4. Flour your workspace and roll out dough to desired thickness. We went with about 1/2 inch thickness to allow for some expansion once baked. Cut cookies to desired shape and size
5. Once crisp, remove dog cookies from oven and let cool. Transfer to zipper bags or airtight containers and freeze to preserve freshness for your little one!