Hair dyes, both the commercial and professional ones, contain various chemical compounds that cause cancer. According to the extensive research conducted scientists, substances inside hair dye react with cigarette smoke and pollutants in the atmosphere, creating one of the most powerful carcinogenic compounds.
This is not the first study which highlights these risks. Previously, hair dye has been associated with several types of cancer, such as ovarian cancer, breast cancer and leukemia. In addition, many people are allergic to substances inside this cosmetic product.
Natural alternative for a darker hair color
Fortunately for brunettes or for those who wish to obtain a darker hair, there is a natural trick that offers an incredible color shade and extra shine. The effects can be obtained with the help of coffee. In addition, this natural alternative stimulates hair growth and regeneration.
- cold coffee prepared (espresso)
- 2 cups leave-in conditioner
- 2 tbsp ground coffee
1. If possible, try to use organic coffee and prepare it strong (espresso). Let the coffee cool. Mix two cups of leave-in conditioner with two tablespoons of ground coffee and the cold coffee previously prepared (espresso).
2. Apply the resulting mask on your hair, leaving it on for an hour. Wash your hair with shampoo as usual. You’ll get an incredible brown chocolate shade.
3. If you want to keep the shade, rinse your hair with coffee after each wash and let it work for 20 minutes, and rinse with water again.